Bibliography Manfred JeusfeldPublications from 2016 onwards are no longer included manually in the list. Rather use the following databases to retrieve them:DIVA: publications as reported to the Swedish Digital Scientific Archive; authorative for the years after 2016.
ORCID 0000-0002-9421-8566: my ORCID profile
DBLP: my DBLP profile
Google Scholar: my Google Scholar profile
The legacy list below starts with the most recent papers.
Manfred A. Jeusfeld: SemCheck - Script for the Case Studies. Technical Report, University of Skövde, 2017 (doi, pdf, diva).
- The Erasmus+ OMI initiative aims to facilitate academic education in enterprise modeling by create a shared and open modeling environment, in which various domain-specific modeling languages (DSML) are being integrated. The DSML form modeling perspectives, e.g. for data modeling, process modeling, goal modeling, and so forth. This document describes a tool that is designed to support the open modeling environment by providing semantic integrity checking services (SemCheck), which can be used to analyze interrelated models formulated to find errors and to extract information from the models.
Jennifer Horkoff, Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Anne Persson (eds.): The Practice of Enterprise Modeling. Proceedings 9th IFIP WG 8.1. Working Conference, PoEM 2016, Skövde, Sweden, November 8-10, 2016, Springer, LNBIP 267 (doi, diva).
- This volume constitutes the proceedings of the 9th IFIP WG 8.1 Conference on the Practice of Enterprise Modeling held in November 2016 in Skövde, Sweden. The PoEM conference series started in 2008 and aims to provide a forum sharing knowledge and experiences between the academic community and practitioners from industry and the public sector. The 18 full papers and 9 short papers accepted were carefully reviewed and selected from 54 submissions and cover topics related to information systems development, enterprise modeling, requirements engineering, and process management. In addition, the keynote by Robert Winter on "Establishing 'Architectural Thinking' in Organizations" is also included in this volume.
Yacine Atif, Jianguo Ding, Manfred A. Jeusfeld: Internet of Things Approach to Cloud-Based Smart Car Parking. In Proceedings 7th International Conference on Emerging Ubiquitous Systems and Pervasive Networks, London, UK, Sep 19-22, 2016, Elsevier, Procedia Computer Science, ISSN 1877-0509 (doi, diva).
- Concerns for parking are becoming imminent to best support the urban core. These persistent parking problems could be turned into new opportunities, brought by current trends in meeting the globally connected continuum. This paper reveals a work-in- progress to capitalize on private land properties for parking, in order to relieve stress on public agencies, create new sources of revenue, and enlist new entities in the intermediary market. These intermediaries, labelled as Parking Service Providers (or PSPs) play a broker role through advertising parking lots on a shared cloud platform. To streamline these business collaborations and related processes, physical parking lots are augmented with Internet connectivity allowing cloud-provided applications to congregate these lots into a larger inventory. The Internet of Things (IoT) paradigm expands the scope of cloud-based intelligent car parking services in smart cities, with novel applications that better regulate car-parking related traffic. This paper presents a work-in-progress agenda that contributes to new business solutions and state-of-the-art research impacts. We reveal a multi- layered system of PSP-business model through interdisciplinary research blocks where original results are expected to be made at each layer.
Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Bernd Neumayr: DeepTelos - Multi-level Modeling with Most General Instances. In Proc. 35th Int. Conf. on Conceptual Modeling (ER 2016), Gifu, Japan, Springer, LNCS 9974, Nov 14-17, 2016, pp. 198-211. (doi, postprint, diva).
- This is our third joint paper on multi-level modeling. This one re-uses all Telos axioms and defines multi-level modeling by a new construct for 'most general instances'. The semantics of this construct is captured in a single deductive rule deriving specialization. The solution is implemented in ConceptBase, see conceptbase.cc/deeptelos.
Manfred A. Jeusfeld: SemCheck - Checking Constraints for Multi-perspective Modeling Languages. In Dimitris Karagiannis, Heinrich C. Mayr, John Mylopoulos (eds.): Domain-Specific Conceptual Modeling - Concepts, Methods and Tools. Springer, 2016, pp. 31-53. (doi, postprint, diva).
- Enterprises are complex and dynamic organizations that can hardly be understood from a single viewpoint. Enterprise modeling tackles this problem by providing multiple, specialized modeling languages, each designed for representing information about the enterprise from a given viewpoint. The OMiLAB initiative promotes the use of metamodeling to design such domain-specific languages and to provide them by an open repository to the community. In this chapter, we discuss how this metamodeling approach can be combined with the design of integrity constraints that span multiple modeling languages. We propose the services of the ConceptBase system as a constraint checker for modeling languages created by the ADOxx platform.
Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Samsethy Thoun: Key Performance Indicators in Data Warehouses. In E. Zimanyi, A. Abello (eds.): Business Intelligence - 5th European Summer School, eBISS 2015, Barcelona, Spain, July 5-10, 2015, Tutorial Lectures, Springer, LNBIP 253, pp. 111-129 (doi, postprint, diva).
- Key performance indicators are widely used to manage any type of processes including manufacturing, logistics, and business processes. We present an approach to map informal specifications of key performance indicators to prototypical data warehouse designs that support the calculation of the KPIs via aggregate queries. We argue that the derivation of the key performance indicators shall start from a process definition that includes scheduling and resource information.
Bernd Neumayr, Christoph G. Schuetz, Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Michael Schrefl: Dual Deep Modeling - Multi-level Modeling with Dual Potencies and its Formalization in F-Logic. In: Journal Software and Systems Modeling, Theme Issue on Multi-Level Modeling, 2016 (doi, diva).
- An enterprise database contains a global, integrated, and consistent representation of a company's data. Multi-level modeling facilitates the definition and maintenance of such an integrated conceptual data model in a dynamic environment of changing data requirements of diverse applications. Multi-level models transcend the traditional separation of class and object with clabjects as the central modeling primitive, which allows for a more flexible and natural representation of many real-world use cases. In deep instantiation, the number of instantiation levels of a clabject or property is indicated by a single potency. Dual Deep Modeling (DDM) differentiates between source potency and target potency of a property or association and supports the flexible instantiation and refinement of the property by statements connecting clabjects at different modeling levels. DDM comes with multiple generalization of clabjects, subsetting/specialization of properties, and multi-level cardinality constraints. Examples are presented using a UML-style notation for Dual Deep Modeling together with UML class and object diagrams for the representation of two-level user views derived from the multi-level model. Syntax and semantics of DDM are formalized and implemented in F-Logic, supporting the modeler with integrity checks and rich query facilities.
Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Kamalakar Karlaparlem (Eds.): Advances in Conceptual Modeling - ER 2015 Workshops AHA, CMS, EMoV, MoBID, MORE-BI, MReBA, QMMQ, and SCME. Proceedings. Stockholm, Sweden, Oct 19-22, 2015 (doi).
- As title says.
Jan Oscarsson, Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Anders Jenefeldt: Towards Virtual Confidence - Extended Product Lifecycle Management. Proceedings 12th IFIP WG5.1 International Conference on Product Lifecycle Management (PLM 2015), Doha, Qatar, Oct 19-21, 2015, Revised Selected Papers, Springer, IFIP AICT, Vol. 467, pp. 708-717, 2016 (doi, postprint, diva).
- A vision paper on how to realize "virtual confidence", i.e. the trust that (simulation) models about products, production processes, and resources describe the reality. The goal is to use this confidence to save the costly creation of prototypes for products and their production processes.
Matthias Jarke, Manfred Jeusfeld, Christoph Quix: Data-centric intelligent information integration: from concepts to automation. Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, December 2014, Volume 43, Issue 3, pp 437-462, doi 10.1007/s10844-014-0340-5.
- This is a look back on 20 years research on information integration.
Bernd Neumayr, Manfred Jeusfeld, Michael Schrefl, Christoph Schütz: Dual Deep Instantiation and its ConceptBase Implementation. Proc. CAiSE 2014, Thessaloniki, Greece, Springer, LNCS 8484, 503-517, 2014 (doi, postprint, diva).
- Formalization of a a variant of deep instantiation that has both source and target potency. This allows to exploit deep instantiation for more cases than in the single-potency case. The formalization is completely implemented by ConceptBase rules and constraints. The source files of the implementation can be found here.
Manfred Jeusfeld, Lois Delcambre, Tok Wang Ling: Preface: Special Section featuring extended papers from the 30th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER-2011). Data and Knowledge Engineering 87:259-259, September 2013 (doi).
Matthias Jarke, Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Christoph J. Quix, Panos Vassiliadis, Yannis Vassiliou: Data Warehouse Architecture and Quality: Impact and Open Challenges. In: Bubenko, J.; Krogstie, J.; Pastor, O.; Pernici, B.; Rolland, C.; Solvberg, A. (Eds.): Seminal Contributions to Information Systems Engineering, 2013 (Springer).
- In 2013, the International Conference on Advance Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE) turns 25. Initially launched in 1989, for all these years the conference has provided a broad forum for researchers working in the area of Information Systems Engineering. To reflect on the work done so far and to examine prospects for future work, the CAiSE Steering Committee decided to present a selection of seminal papers published for the conference during these years and to ask their authors, all prominent researchers in the field, to comment on their work and how it has developed over the years. Our paper "Architecture and quality in data warehouses" (see below) has been one of the selected papers for this book.
Lingzhe Liu, Manfred A. Jeusfeld: Suitability of Active Rules for Model Transformation. In Marite Kirikova, Janis Stirna (eds.): Proceedings CAiSE-Forum 2012, Gdansk, Poland, June 26, 2012, CEUR-WS.org/Vol-855 (pdf).
J. Jayasinghe Arachchige, H. Weigand, M. Jeusfeld (2012): Business Service Modeling for the Service-Oriented Enterprise. Int J of Information System Modeling and Design 3(1), 2012, pp. 1-22 (abstract).
- This paper addresses business modeling from a service viewpoint. Different patterns for linking value-adding services are discussed and connected to patterns for business processes.
Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Lois M. L. Delcambre, Tok Wang Ling (Eds.): Conceptual Modeling - ER 2011, 30th International Conference, ER 2011, Brussels, Belgium, October 31 - November 3, 2011. Proceedings. Lecture Notes in Computer Science 6998 Springer 2011, ISBN 978-3-642-24605-0 (doi@Springer-Link).
M.A. Jeusfeld (2011): A Deductive View on Process-Data Diagrams. Proceedings IFIP WG8.1 Working Conference on Method Engineering, Paris, France, April 20-22, 2011 (postprint, slides).
© IFIP 2011. This is the author's version of the work It is posted here by permission of IFIP for your personal use. Not for redistribution. The definitive version shall be published in Proceedings ME-2011, IFIP, AICT 351, 2011, (Boston: Springer), pp 123-137.
- Process-Data Diagrams (PDDs) are a popular technique to represent method fragments and their recombination to new adapted method specifications. It turns out that PDDs are at odds with a strict separation of MOF/MDA abstraction levels as advocated by MOF/MDA. We abandon the restriction and specify PDDs by a metametamodel that supports both process and product parts of PDDs. The instantiation of the process side of PDDs can then the used as the type level for a simple traceability framework. The deductive formalization of PDDs allows to augment them by a plethora of analysis tools. The recombination of method fragments is propagated downwards to the recombination of the process start and end points. The hierarchical structure of the product side of PDDs can be used to detect unstructured updates from the process side.
M.A. Jeusfeld (2009): Metadata. In Liu,L., Özsu, M.T. (eds.) Encyclopedia of Database Systems, Springer, New York, USA, 2009, pp. 1723-1724 (Springer site).
M.A. Jeusfeld (2009): Metamodel. In Liu,L., Özsu, M.T. (eds.) Encyclopedia of Database Systems, Springer, New York, USA, 2009, pp. 1727-1730 (Springer site).
Jeusfeld, M.A., M. Jarke, and J. Mylopoulos (2009): Metamodeling for Method Engineering. Cambridge, MA, 2009. The MIT Press.
Jeusfeld, M.A. et.al. (2009): Metamodeling with Datalog and Classes: ConceptBase at the Age of 21. Proceedings Intl. Conf. on Object Databases (ICOODB-2009), Zurich, Switzerland, July 1-3, 2009.
Jarke, M., M.A. Jeusfeld, HW. Nissen, and C. Quix (2009): Heterogeneity in model management - a meta modeling approach. In A.T. Borgida, V.K. Chaudhri, P. Giorgini, E.S. Yu (eds.): Conceptual Modeling: Foundations and Applications, Essays in Honor of John Mylopoulos, LNCS 5600. Springer-Verlag, Berlin.
Jeusfeld, M.A. (2008): Metamodeling and method engineering with ConceptBase. In Jeusfeld, M.A., Jarke, M., Mylopoulos, J. (eds): Metamodeling for Method Engineering, pp. 89-168. The MIT Press. (diva)
- This is chapter 3 of the book "Metamodeling for Method Engineering". The DIVA link points to a page with a pre-print of this chapter. It contains links to the source files of the examples. They can also be accessed via the ConceptBase Forum. Lecture slides based on this chapter are avalable from here.
Ralyté, J. et.al. (2008): A Knowledge-based Approach to Manage Information Systems Interoperability. Information Systems, 33(7-8), pp. 754-784. Elsevier.
Heuvel, W.J. van den and M.A. Jeusfeld (2007): Model Transformations with Reference Models. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference Interoperability for Enterprise Software and Applications, Funchal, Portugal, March 28-30, 2007.
Jeusfeld, M.A., P. Backlund, and J. Ralyté (2007): Classifying Interoperability Problems for a Method Chunk Repository. Proceedings of the 3rd International Conference Interoperability for Enterprise Software and Applications, Funchal, Portugal, March 28-30, 2007 (best paper award).
Jeusfeld, M.A. (2007): Partial Evaluation in Meta Modeling. Proceedings of the IFIP 8.1 Working Conference on Situational Method Engineering (ME-2007), Geneva, Switzerland, September 12-14, 2007, IFIP 244, Springer-Verlag, pp. 115-129. Springer-Verlag.
Backlund, P. et.al. (2006): An Interoperability Classification Framework for Method Chunk Repositories. 15th Intl. Conference in Information Systems Development, Budapest, Hungary, August 31 to September 2, 2006.
Ralyté, J., P. Backlund, H. Kühn, and M.A. Jeusfeld (2006): Method chunks for interoperability. Proceedings 25th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling (ER-2006), Tucson, Az., USA, Nov. 6-9, 2006. Springer-Verlag.
2005-2001: to be classified
Feng, L., M.A. Jeusfeld, and J. Hoppenbrouwers (2005): A strategic level for scientific digital libraries. Journal of Information Processing and Management, Volume 41, Issue 1, January 2005, pp. 97 - 120.
Hoppenbrouwers, J., M.A. Jeusfeld, H. Weigand, and W.J. van den Heuvel (2005): Ontology Management: a Case Study and Research Plans. Proceedings 2nd InterOp Workshop on Enterprise Modelling and Ontologies for Interoperability (EMOI-INTEROP-2005) at CAiSE-2005, Porto, Portugal, June 13-14, 2005.
Jeusfeld, M.A. and C. Quix (2005): Meta Modeling with ConceptBase. Proceedings 1st Workshop on Meta-Modelling and Corresponding Tools (WoMM'05), Essen, Germany, March 7-8, 2005.
Xu, L., M.A. Jeusfeld, and P. Grefen (2005): Detection Tests for Identifying Violators of Multi-party Contracts. ACM SIGecom Exchanges 5, 3, pp. 19-28, April 2005.
Jeusfeld, M.A. (2004): Integrating Product Catalogs via Multi-language Ontologies. Proceedings Enterprise Application Integration (EAI 2004), Oldenburg, Germany, CEUR-WS.org/Vol-93.
Xu, L. and M.A. Jeusfeld (2004): Detecting Violators of Multi-party Contracts. Proceedings CoopIS 2004, LNCS 3290, Springer-Verlag.
Jeusfeld, M.A. and O. Pastor (2003): Conceptual Modeling for Novel Application Domains. Proceedings of the Workshops held at the 22nd International Conference on Conceptual Modeling, Chicago, Il, USA, October 13-16, 2003, Springer LNCS 2814.
Feng, L., M.A. Jeusfeld, and J. Hoppenbrouwers (2002): A strategic level for scientific digital libraries. In: Proceedings of the 5th International Conference on Asian Digital Libraries, Singapore, December 11-14, 2002.
Feng, L., M.A. Jeusfeld, and J. Hoppenbrouwers (2001): Beyond Information Searching and Browsing: Acquiring Knowledge from Digital Libraries. Infolab Technical Report ITRS-008.
Feng, L., M.A. Jeusfeld, and J. Hoppenbrouwers (2001): Towards Knowledge-Based Digital Libraries. In: SIGMOD Record 30 (1), March 2001, pp. 41-46.
 L. Xu, M.A. Jeusfeld, P. Grefen: Detection Tests for Identifying Violators of Multi-party Contracts. ACM SIGecom Exchanges 5, 3, pp. 19-28, April 2005 (pdf).
 M.A. Jeusfeld, C. Quix: Meta Modeling with ConceptBase. Proceedings 1st Workshop on Meta-Modelling and Corresponding Tools (WoMM'05), Essen, Germany, March 7-8, 2005 (extended abstract).
 L. Feng, M.A. Jeusfeld, J. Hoppenbrouwers: A strategic level for scientific digital libraries. Journal Information Processing and Management, Volume 41, Issue 1, January 2005, pp. 97 - 120 (doi:10.1016/j.ipm.2004.04.005).
 Lai Xu, Manfred A. Jeusfeld: Detecting Violators of Multi-party Contracts. Proceedings CoopIS 2004, LNCS 3290, Springer-Verlag (Springer-Link).
 Manfred A. Jeusfeld: Integrating Product Catalogs via Multi-language Ontologies. In Proceedings Enterprise Application Integration (EAI 2004), Oldenburg, Germany, CEUR-WS.org/Vol-93 (pdf).
 Manfred A. Jeusfeld, Oscar Pastor (eds): Conceptual Modeling for Novel Application Domains. Proceedings of the Workshops held at the 22nd International Conference on Conceptual Modeling, Chicago, Il, USA, October 13-16, 2003, Springer LNCS 2814 (SpringerLink).
 L. Xu, M.A. Jeusfeld: Pro-active monitoring of electronic contracts. In J. Eder, M. Missikoff (eds.): Advanced Information System Engineering, Proceedings 15th CAiSE, Velden, Austria, June 2003, Springer-Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, LNCS 2681, pp. 584-600 (SpringerLink); a draft version of this paper also appeared as Infolab technical report ITRS 010, Tilburg University, 2003 (pdf)
 C. Quix, M. Schoop, M.A. Jeusfeld: Business Data Management for B2B Electronic Commerce. In SIGMOD Record, 31, 1, March 2002 (pdf).
 L. Feng, M.A. Jeusfeld, J. Hoppenbrouwers: A strategic level for scientific digital libraries. In Proc. 5th Intl. Conference on Asian Digital Libraries, Singapore, December 11-14, 2002 (pdf).
 L. Feng, M.A. Jeusfeld, J. Hoppenbrouwers: Beyond Information Searching and Browsing: Acquiring Knowledge from Digital Libraries. INFOLAB Technical Report ITRS-008, Tilburg University, The Netherlands, 2001 (pdf).
 L. Feng, M.A. Jeusfeld, J. Hoppenbrouwers: Towards Knowledge-Based Digital Libraries. In SIGMOD Record, March 2001 (pdf).
- Long version of paper .
- This short paper surveys the state of the art of digital libraries and proposes to establish a knowledge level between the digital documents and the library user to improve their document search by knowledge-sharing.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Staudt (eds.): Special Issue on Design and Management of Data Warehouses. International Journal of Cooperative Information Systems, 10, 3, Sept. 2001 (html).
 A. de Moor, M.A. Jeusfeld: Making workflow change acceptable. In Requirements Engineering Journal, 6, 2, 2001, pp. 75-96 (abstract, pdf).
- The purpose of the special issue was to gain an insight on how wide the gap between theory and practice still is. The special issue focusses on design and management though the borderline to the more algorithmic aspects is difficult to define.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, A. de Moor: Concept integration precedes enterprise integration. Proc. 34th Hawai'i Intl. Conf. on System Sciences (HICSS-34), Minitrack on Enterprise Application Integration (EAI-2001), Hawaii, Island of Maui, January 3-6, 2001 (pdf).
- The paper presents a formal approach to represent social norms in a team of system developers and users. The norms are actively used to guide the discussion about change of a wide-area workflow system. By enacting the norms, we can enforce that stakeholders are always involved in a change process based on their legal rights.
 M.A. Jeusfeld: Business data structures for B2B commerce. Proceedings Fachtagung EMISA-2000 Informationssysteme für E-Commerce, Universität Linz, Österreich, November 8-10, 2000 (draft.pdf).
- We identify the discussion of product ontologies as an improtant step preceding the development of an B2B E-commerce system for a given industry sector. Rights in such a discusion process are made explicit in a formal system to ensure that no illegitimate changes are made.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, H. Shu, M. Staudt, G. Vossen (eds.): Design and Management of Data Warehouses 2000. Proceedings of the 2nd Intl. Workshop DMDW'00 at CAiSE*00, Stockholm, Sweden, June 5-6, 2000, Online CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 28.
- Paper that proposes to use a networked representation of business data to support a B2B E-Commerce system that is currently under development in Esprit MEMO project. Multiple product ontologies address the need to make heterogeneous business data readily available for users. Data ownership is enforced by so-called business data spaces.
 S. Gatziu, M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Staudt, Y. Vassiliou: Design and Management of Data Warehouses - Report on the DMDW'99 Workshop. In SIGMOD Record, 28, 4, December 1999 (pdf).
 S. Gatziu, M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Staudt, Y. Vassiliou (eds.): Design and Management of Data Warehouses. Proceedings of the Intl. Workshop DMDW'99 at CAiSE*99, Heidelberg, Germany, June 14-15, 1999, Online CEUR Workshop Proceedings, Vol. 19.
- Summary of the workshop DMDW'99. Individual papers are in the proceedings .
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, C. Quix, P. Vassiliadis: Architecture and quality in data warehouses - an extended repository approach. In Information Systems, 24, 3, 1999, pp. 229-253 (pdf).
- Proceedings about design and management issues in data warehousing. Papers are covering technical but also organizational aspects.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke, M. Staudt, C. Quix, T.List: Application Experience with a Repository System for Information Systems Development. INFOLAB Technical Report ITRS-004, Tilburg University, The Netherlands, 1999 (pdf); extended paper in R. Kasckek (ed.): Entwicklungsmethoden f\FCr Informationssysteme und deren Anwendung. Reihe Wirtschaftsinformatik, Teubner Verlag, Stuttgart, Germany, pp. 147-174, ISBN 3-519-00275-2, 1999.
- This is an extended version of paper . The quality model has been refined to the version presented in paper .
 M.Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, C.Quix, T.Sellis, P.Vassiliadis: Metadata and Data Warehouse Quality. In M. Jarke, M. Lenzerini, Y. Vassiliou, P. Vassiliadis (eds.): Fundamentals of Data Warehouses, Springer Verlag, 1999, ISBN 3-540-65365-1, pp. 123-158.
- This paper reports on application experience with the ConceptBase system which we developed over the last 12 years. Eight applications are presented in more detail to show which properties the users demanded. In summary, extensibility, performance, and advanced query facilities turned out to be most important.
 Y. Vassiliou, M. Bouzeghoub, M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Lenzerini, S. Ligoudistianos, A. Tsois, P. Vassiliadis: Data Warehouse Research - Issues and Projects. In M. Jarke, M. Lenzerini, Y. Vassiliou, P. Vassiliadis (eds.): Fundamentals of Data Warehouses, Springer Verlag, 1999, ISBN 3-540-65365-1, pp. 15-25.
- Overview on how to manage data warehouse quality with a repository approach.
 W.-J. van den Heuvel, M. Papazoglou, M.A. Jeusfeld: Configuring Business Objects from Legacy Systems. Proc. 11th Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE'99), Heidelberg, Germany, June 14-18, 1999; draft appeared as INFOLAB Technical Report ITRS-005, Tilburg University, The Netherlands, 1999 (pdf).
- ... as the title suggests.
 R. v. Kaathoven, M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Staudt, U. Reimer: Organizational Memory supported Workflow Management. In Proc. 4th Intl. Conference Wirtschaftsinformatik (WI'99), Saarbrücken, Germany, March 3-5, 1999 (pdf).
- The Component Definition Language (CDL) proposed to OMG is extended by features to describe legacy components. Based on this, a method to retrieve reusable components from the ConceptBase repository and to integrate them into new objects is described. The reusable components are searched within the contect of the new object. This context can be exploited to narrow the set of matching reusable components.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke, C. Quix: Qualitätsanalyse im Data Warehousing. In Informatik/Informatique, Vol. 3, 1999, pp. 10-14 (pdf); draft version in EMISA FORUM 1/99 (pdf).
- This article investigates the interrelationship and interplay of organizational memory systems with workflow management systems. We describe experiences gained from a concrete integration project at Swiss Life, an insurance company mainly engaged in the private life insurance and pension scheme management business. Result of the study is a formal model of the relationship of information handled in the two systems and a specification how such systems can interoperate to provide knowledge-based workflow management.
- Paper in the journal of the Swiss Computer Society popularizing the quality model that we developed for the Esprit DWQ project.
 M.A. Jeusfeld: Conceptual Modeling in a Computerised World. In: System Development Topsy Turvy - Controlling the Process. Proc. Annual Congress SBIT, Tilburg University, March 24, 1998 (draft.pdf).
 M.A. Jeusfeld: CSCW in IT Education. IT-Monitor, Vol. 9, September 1998 (pdf).
- Overview paper about some roles of conceptual models in IT.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. List: Zielgerechte Informationsflußverwaltung in Entwicklungsprozessen. In M. Nagl, B. Westfechtel (eds.): Integration von Entwicklungssystemen in Ingenieuranwendungen, Springer Verlag, 1999, ISBN 3-540-63920-9, pp. 351-369.
- This is a short "pamphlet" on why to use CSCW systems in IT education at universities.
- Paper on how we designed to use data warehousing techniques to support the integration of chemical engineering environments. Specifically, we propose to include knowledge about the workflows of engineers in order not deliver the right piece of information to the right workplace. The paper is related to the SFB-IMPROVE project on development support for engineers at RWTH Aachen.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, C. Quix, M. Jarke: Design and Analysis of Quality Information for Data Warehouses. In Proc. 17th International Conference on Conceptual Modeling ( ER'98) , Singapore, Nov 16-19, 1998, Springer-Verlag, ISBN 3-540-65189-6, pp. 349-362 (pdf © Springer-Verlag).
- This paper continues the work described in the CAiSE'98 paper . Particularily, it provides the interpretation of the quality meta model presented at CAiSE for quality requirements definition, recording of quality measurements, and quality assessment by queries.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke, H.W. Nissen, M. Staudt: ConceptBase - Managing Conceptual Models about Information Systems. In P. Bernus, K. Mertins, G. Schmidt (eds.): Handbook on Architectures of Information Systems, Springer-Verlag, 1998, ISBN 3-540-64453-9, pp. 265-285 (pdf © Springer-Verlag). .
- A paper that summarizes our experiences gained within 10 years in using ConceptBase for modeling information systems.
 M. Gebhardt, M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, C. Quix, S. Sklorz: Tools for Data Warehouse Quality. In Proc. 10th Intl. Conf. on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM'98), Capri, Italy, July 1-3, 1998 (postscript.gz, pdf).
 M.P. Papazoglou, M.A. Jeusfeld, H. Weigand, M. Jarke: Distributed, interoperable workflow support for Electronic Commerce. In Proc. GI/IFIP Conf. Trends in Electronic Commerce (TREC'98), Hamburg, Germany, June 3-5, 1998, Springer-Verlag, LNCS 1402, pp. 192-204 (pdf).
- Short paper accompanying a software demonstration at SSDBM'98.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, C. Quix, P. Vassiliadis: Architecture and quality in data warehouses. In B. Pernici, C. Thanos (eds.): Advanced Information Systems Engineering, Proc. 10th Intl. Conf. CAiSE*98, Pisa, Italy, June 8-12, 1998, Springer-Verlag, ISBN 3-540-64556-X, pp. 93-113 (ps.gz© Springer-Verlag).
- This paper proposes the coupling of a rich data warehouse meta database with the Goal-Question-Metric approach in order to model and control the quality of data warehouses. The paper was presented at CAiSE*98 in Pisa.
 M. Jarke, M.J. Carey, K.R. Dittrich, F. Lochovsky, P. Loucopoulos, M.A. Jeusfeld (eds.): VLDB'97, Proceedings of the 23rd International Conference on Very Large Databases. Morgan Kaufmann, 1997 (html).
 F. Baader, M.A. Jeusfeld, W. Nutt: Intelligent access to heterogeneous information sources - Report on the 4th Workshop on Knowledge Representation Meets Databases. SIGMOD Record, 26, 4, December 1997, pp. 44-48 (postscript, html).
 M. Staudt, C. Quix, M.A. Jeusfeld: View Maintenance and Change Notification for Application Program Views. Proceedings ACM Symposium on Applied Computing (SAC'98), Atlanta, Georgia, February 27 - March 1, 1998.
- Paper on how view maintenance is integrated into the client-server architecture of ConceptBase.
 F. Baader, M.A. Jeusfeld, W. Nutt (eds.): Intelligent Access to Heterogeneous Information. Proceedings of the 4th Workshop KRDB-97, Athens, Greece, August 30, 1997; also available online http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-8/ .
- Fourth workshop in the series on knowledge representation and databases.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke: Suchhilfen für das World Wide Web: Funktionsweisen und Metadatenstrukturen. Wirtschaftsinformatik, 39, 5, October 1997, pp. 491-499 (abstract, pdf).
- A german language paper on search agents for the global information market. It presents the foundamentals techniques and the development to more domain-oriented information brokers.
 M. Jarke, P. Peters, P. Szczurko, M.A. Jeusfeld: Model-driven Planning and Design of Cooperative Information Systems. In M. Papazoglou, G. Schlageter (eds.): Cooperative Information Systems - Trends and Directions, Academic Press, 1998.
- We describe the multiple purposes of a meta database for developing, analyzing, and evolving quality informations systems (project WIBQUS). Focus is on analysis.
[49a] B. v. Buol, S. Kethers, M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke: Poster on a terminology server for cooperative terminology work. In Proceedings of the Second International Conference on Cooperative Information Systems (CooPIS 1997), doi 10.1109/COOPIS.1997.613822
- We have constructed a terminology server based on a meta model that integrates the various perspectives of terminology work, namely expert, domain, terminology structure, and terminology work process. These perspectives serve as foundations for models whose instantiations can be adapted to specific application contexts. In setting up a terminology work application, users can select models which are then instantiated, adapted and combined in a component ware-like fashion. The meta model, the models, their instantiations, and the actual terminology data are formulated in Telos, a knowledge representation language that integrates frame-like concept descriptions and deductive database elements, and stored in ConceptBase, a deductive meta data management system.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Papazoglou: Information Brokering. In B. Krämer, M. Papazoglou, H.-W. Schmidt (eds.): Information Systems Interoperability, Research Studies Press, Somerset, England, 1998, ISBN 0.86380.228.1, pp. 265-302; draft available as Aachener Informatik-Berichte, 96-18, December 1996 (report.ps.gz).
- Paper on the concept of an information broker that integrates heterogeneous information systems for search, design and transformation.
 M.A. Jeusfeld (ed.): Informationsserver für das Internet - Anforderungen, Konzepte, Methoden. Proceedings EMISA-Fachgruppentreffen 1996, Aachen, Deutschland, Oct. 9-11, 1996, EMISA-Forum, Vol 1/1997; also available online (html).
- Selection of papers how to design Web-based information systems. Most papers are in German.
 F. Baader, M. Buchheit, M.A. Jeusfeld, W. Nutt (eds.): Knowledge Representation meets Databases. Proceedings of the 3rd Workshop KRDB'96, Budapest, Hungary, August 13, 1996; also available online (html).
- Third workshop in the series on knowledge representation and databases.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, T.X. Bui: Distributed decision support and organizational connectivity: a case study. Decision Support Systems, 19, pp. 215-225, 1997 (doi).
- Extended version of paper . The abstract contains a link to the full paper which you can use if your organization has subscribed to the online version of the DSS journal.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke: Enterprise integration by market-driven schema evolution. Intl. Journal Concurrent Engineering Research and Applications (CERA), 4, 3, September 1996. (draft.pdf)
- Extended version of paper .
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, P. Peters, P. Szczurko: Coordinating information systems engineering. Proceedings 9th Intl. Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems (ISMIS'96), Zakopane, Poland, June 10-13, 1996. (draft.pdf)
- This paper presents the vision of continued cooperativity via information systems. Focus is on meta models which facilitate managament of change, simulation-based analysis, and forward/reverse mapping to relational databases. Examples are taken from the WibQuS project.
 F. Baader, M. Buchheit, M.A. Jeusfeld, W. Nutt (eds.): Reasoning about structured objects - knowledge representation meets databases. Proceedings of the 2nd Workshop KRDB'95, Bielefeld, Germany, Sept. 11-12, 1995, DFKI-Report No. D-95-12; also available online http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-2/ .
- The second workshop proceedings contains progress reports for work presented in the first workshop as well as new topics like the relationship of knowledge representation, databases, and software engineering.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, P. Peters, K. Pohl: Coordinating distributed organizational knowledge. Proc. 2nd Knowledge Engineering Forum, SFB 501 Bericht 01/96, Universität Karlsruhe, Germany, Feb. 29 - Mar. 1, 1996; Extended paper in Data & Knowledge Engineering, 23, 3, pp. 247-268, 1997.
- This paper extends the WibQuS meta model by a simulation view and argues how cooperative modeling, simulation support, and process tracing form a method for implementing a distributed quality information system.
 H.W. Nissen, M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke, G.V. Zemanek, H. Huber: Managing multiple requirements perspectives with metamodels. IEEE Software, 13, 2, pp. 37-48, March 1996 (abstract/paper).
- Journal version of paper . The metamodel-based software tool is being demonstrated at the CeBIT'96 fair in Hanover and the EDBT'96 conference in Avignon.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, P. Peters, P. Szczurko: Informationsmanagement im Qualitätskreis - ein vernetzter Ansatz. In T. Pfeifer et al. (eds.): Wissensbasiertes Qualitätsmanagement - Methoden und Techniken zur Nutzung verteilten Wissens, Springer-Verlag, 1996.
- This paper presents the rationale behind our 'QualityTrader' concept to integrate heterogeneous quality management systems. It is intended for a readership from the practice of industrial quality management.
 H.W. Nissen, G.V. Zemanek, M.A. Jeusfeld, H. Huber, M. Jarke: Requirements analysis from multiple perspectives - experiences with conceptual modeling technology. In 2nd IEEE Intl. Conf. on Requirements Engineering, Colorado Springs, USA, April 15-18, 1996.
- This paper reports on a major commercial application of ConceptBase in the area of requirements analysis. The project was undertaken jointly with a consulting company. Meta classes, query language, and extensibility were key factors for the success.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, T.X. Bui: Decision support system components on the Internet. In Proc. 5th Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems (WITS'95), Amsterdam, December 9-10, 1995; (report.ps.gz)
- Uniform naming and a uniform data representation language are glued together to form a basis where DSS data and software can be integrated on the Internet. No central control is necessary, thus approach provides extreme scalability in terms of CPU and network bandwidth.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke: Repository structures for evolving federated database schemas. In Proc. IFIP Working Conference on Models and Methodologies for Enterprise Integration (EI95), Heron Island, Australia, November 8-11, 1995.
- This paper describes an approach on how to cooperativly design and evolve federated database schemas via a meta model. The technique has been applied in the WibQuS project where heterogeneous quality management systems had to be integrated.
 B. v. Buol, J. Ingenerf, M.A. Jeusfeld: Kooperatives Erarbeiten medizinischer Terminologie. In H.J. Trampisch, S. Lange (eds.): Medizinische Forschung - Ärztliches Handeln, MMV Medizin Verlag, München, Germany, 1995, pp. 408-412.
- A paper describing the vocabulary model that we use in project KONTAKT to integrate terminologies developed by different groups of medical scientists. Also, we present an idea to generate WWW forms automatically from a vocabulary model in order to support distributed cooperation. Terminologies are stored and classified by the ConceptBase system.
 P. Peters, P.Szczurko, M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld: A federated information system for quality management processes. In Proc. IFIP8.1 Working Conf. ISDO95, Trondheim, Norway, August 21-23, 1995.
- A database oriented presentation of the distributed quality management system which we developed in WibQuS.
 P. Peters, P.Szczurko, M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld: Business process oriented information management - conceptual models at work. In Proc. Conf. on Organizational Computing Systems (COOCS'95), Milpitas, California, Aug. 13-16, 1995; (draft.ps.gz)
- Conceptual models of processes and information support the design of a distributed information system for quality management. The conceptual model can also be used to guide formulation of queries across system boundaries.
 F. Baader, M. Buchheit, M.A. Jeusfeld, W. Nutt: Reasoning about structured object -- knowledge representation meets databases. In Knowledge Engineering Review, 10, 1, 1995, pp. 73-76.
- Summary of the workshop KRDB'94.
 F. Baader, M. Buchheit, M.A. Jeusfeld, W. Nutt (eds.): Reasoning about structured objects - knowledge representation meets databases. Proceedings of the KI'94 Workshop KRDB'94, Saarbrücken, Germany, Sept. 20-22, 1994, DFKI-Report No. D-94-11; also available online http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/Publications/CEUR-WS/Vol-1/ .
- Proceedings of a workshop on the intersection between knowledge representation and databases. The workshop was held in conjunction with the German AI conference.
 M.A. Jeusfeld: Generating queries from complex type definitions. In Proc. Workshop KRDB'94, DFKI research report, Saarbrücken, Germany, 1994.
- Complex type definitions with tuple, set, and pointer constructors are mapped to a logic program whose termination is guaranteed and whose models can be reasoned about.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, U.A. Johnen: An executable meta model for re-engineering of database schemas. In Proc. ER'94, Manchester, UK, December 13-16, 1994, pp. 533-547 (technicalreport.pdf); extended version in Intl. J. Cooperative Information Systems, 4, 2&3, pp. 237-258, 1995. (postprint.pdf)
- The common properties of data models are captured in a so-called meta model. Queries classify entities represented in a data model into the lattice of the meta model. Therby, the reverse and forward engineering of database schemas is lifted to a declarative framework. A version of the prototype has been implemented for the reverse engineering of relational schemas.
 P. Peters, M.A. Jeusfeld: Structuring information flow in quality management. Proc. DKSME, Hongkong, May 2-4, 1994, pp. 258-263.
- Structuring the information flow between heterogeneous decision support systems in quality management requires a language that integrates the human understanding of the tasks of the part systems. This is like planning streets between cities. From this plan (encoded in Telos) we derive the data structures and procedures to manage and control the actual "traffic". The second part is only sketched in the paper because it;s future work. The proposed method has partly been applied in the WibQuS project. Some results of this case study are presented.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, P. Szczurko: Three aspects of intelligent cooperation in the quality life cycle. In Intl. Journal of Intelligent and Cooperative Information Systems, 2, 4, December 1993, pp. 355-374.
- This is another paper referring to the WibQuS project. The aspects of conceptual integration (of method descriptions), technical integration (of method implementations), and social integration (of method users) are addressed by an approach that respects distribution, evolution, and cooperation.
 M. Jarke, R. Gallersdörfer, M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Staudt, S. Eherer: ConceptBase - a deductive object base for meta data management. Journal of Intelligent Information Systems, 4, 2, 1995, pp. 167-192 (SpringerLink); also available as Aachener Informatik-Berichte 93-14, 1993 (pdf).
- The standard paper on ConceptBase. More information can be obtained from the WWW page of ConceptBase.cc.
 M. Buchheit, M.A. Jeusfeld, W. Nutt, M. Staudt: Subsumption between queries to object-oriented databases. Proc. 4th Intl. Conf. Extending Database Technology (EDBT'94), Cambridge, UK, March 28-31, 1994. Also in Information Systems, 19, 1, pp. 33-54, 1994.
- Joint work with DFKI Saarbrücken: it shows that the structural part of queries (superclass relationships, attributes, path expressions) falls into a dialect of KL-One with polynomial complexity for the subsumption test. Knowing subsumption between queries is like "solid gold" for query optimization, and other kinds of reasoning on schema level information.
 M. Staudt, M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, H.W. Nissen: Query classes. In Proc. 3rd Intl. Conf. on Deductive and Object-Oriented Databases (DOOD'93), Scottsdale, Ariz., Dec. 6-8, 1993 (postscript.gz).
- This is a shortened version of the above paper.
 M. Staudt, H.W. Nissen, M.A. Jeusfeld: Query by class, rule and concept. In Applied Intelligence, 4, Special Issue on Knowledge Base Management (ed. by J. Mylopoulos), pp. 133-156, 1994.
- Queries to databases have several faces: they intentionally describe a concept, they describe a set of solutions (the extension derived by evaluating the query as a rule), and they can appear as classes whose instances are the answer objects.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Staudt: Query optimization in deductive object bases. In J.C. Freytag, D. Maier, G. Vossen (eds.): Query Processing for Advanced Database Applications, Morgan Kaufmann, pp. 145-176, 1994; draft appeared as technical report Aachener Informatik-Berichte 91-26 (pdf).
- In 1991 I attended a meeting at Schloß Dagstuhl on issues of query optimization in next-generation databases. This paper contains our proposal: optimization at the logical level. A preliminary version was published as Aachener Informatik-Bericht 91-26.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, R. Grob: Kommunikation als Schlüssel zur Qualitätssicherung. In Proc. Gemeinsame Jahrestagung DGOR &ÖGOR, Aachen, Germany, Sept. 9-11, 1992.
- The title promotes communication as the key to quality management (in industry). The paper is actually a one-page abstract presenting our idea to make distributed environments supporting quality management tasks communicate. The first step is to find a common language for describing and relating the various tasks. The paper is related to the WibQuS project.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: Process services in ConceptBase. In M. Jarke (ed.): Database Application Engineering with DAIDA, Springer-Verlag, 1993, ISBN 3-540-56291-5, pp. 389-412.
- The 500+ pages book edited by Matthias Jarke is a detailed summary of all results achieved in DAIDA. The two papers  and  coauthored by me reflect my contribution.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose, M. Jarke: ConceptBase - a Telos-based software information system. In M. Jarke (ed.): Database Application Engineering with DAIDA, Springer-Verlag, 1993, ISBN 3-540-56291-5, pp. 367-388.
 M.A. Jeusfeld: Änderungskontrolle in deduktiven Objektbanken. ISBN 392903719X, Infix-Verlag, St. Augustin, Germany, 1992; now published by AKA-Verlag, Berlin, Germany (pdf with kind permission from AKA-Verlag).
- This book is identical to my dissertation at the Univerity of Passau. The main contribution is a completely axiomatized data model for deductive object bases. Particularily, a partial evaluation technique is developed which allows efficient processing of deductive rules and integrity constraints at the meta class level. A short overview is contained in M.A. Jeusfeld: Update control in deductive object bases, SIGART Bulletin, 4, 2, pp. 24-25.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, A. Miethsam, M. Gocek: Towards a logic-based reconstruction of software configuration management. In Proc. 7th Intl. Conf. Knowledge-based Software Engineering (KBSE'92), McLean, VA, Sept. 20-23, 1992, pp. 132-141.
- Research of my collegue Thomas Rose on version and configuration management exhibited that a large amount of "test procedures" for configuring software components to larger units can be specified as integrity constraints. This paper takes a further step: the configuration itsself is represented as deductive rule (the head is the interface of the lager unit, and the body enumerates the interfaces of the components). Logical abduction is proposed to find a configuration for a goal interface. The integrity constraints are then tested "on-the-fly".
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Jarke: From relational to object-oriented integrity simplification. In Proc. 2nd Intl. Conf. on Deductive and Object-Oriented Databases (DOOD'91), pp. 460-477. (pdf)
- This paper shows that integrity checking methods can be enhanced when incorporating object-oriented paradigms. On the one hand, algorithms get faster since update granularity can be as fine as single attribute updates. On the other hand, treating classes as objects opens a way to specify constraints (or deductive rules) at the meta-class level. This saves a lot of coding time since often used constraints like non-circularity can be specified once and forever. More detailed results are in my dissertation.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, M. Mertikas, I. Wetzel, M. Jarke, J.W. Schmidt: Database application development as an object modeling activity. In Proc. 16th Intl. Conf. on Very Large Data Bases (VLDB'90), Brisbane, Australia, 1990, 442-45.
- This paper elaborates on bridging the gap between the semantic and computational aspects of database application development. The proposed method is to "conceptualize" each of the aspects as descriptions in the Telos language and then maintain dependencies between these descriptions. Such descriptions can then be processed by the ConceptBase system. The paper is related to DAIDA.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: Process management in the DAIDA Environment. In Proc. 6th Intl. Software Process Workshop, Hakodate, Japan, Oct. 29-31, 1990.
- A short position statement on the relationship between programming-in-the-small, -large, and -many.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, J. Mylopoulos, J.W. Schmidt, Y. Vassiliou: Information systems development as knowledge engineering - a review of the DAIDA project. In Proc. Ingegneria del Software - CASE, e la Qualitá del Software (CQS'90), Milano, Italy, Oct. 17-19, 1990, pp. 481-506.
- A summary of the achievements in DAIDA.
 M.A. Jeusfeld, E. Krüger. Deductive integrity maintenance in an object-oriented setting. Technical Report MIP-9013, University of Passau, Germany, 1990 (pdf).
- In 1990, the first version of the integrity checking component of ConceptBase was completed. This paper reports on algorithms and on the exploitation of the Telos data model to represent management of integrity constraints.
 M. Jarke, S. Eherer, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: Konzeptuelle Modellierung als Grundlage der Managementunterstützung in verteilten Anwendungen. In A. Reuter (ed.): GI - 20. Jahrestagung I, Informatik-Fachberichte, 257, Springer-Verlag, 1990.
- This paper proposes to embed the development knowledge of an information system into the implementation. Thereby, explanation and evolution of the systems functionality is facilitated.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: A software process data model for knowledge engineering in information systems. In Information Systems, 15, 1, 1990, pp. 85-116.
- The standard paper on our Decision-Object-Tool (D.O.T) software process model (pdf).
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: Software process modeling as a strategy for KBMS implementation. In Proc. 1st Intl. Conf. on Deductive and Object-Oriented Databases (DOOD'89), Kyoto, Japan, Dec. 4-6, 1989, pp. 531-550. (preprint recovered by LibreOffice from MacWriter original)
- This paper identifies two abstraction layers of deductive object managers: the deductive layer specifies the behavior of the system which is implemented by an object-oriented database. This observation is validated by two applications: integrity checking and version &configuration management.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose, J. Mylopoulos, J.W. Schmidt, I. Wetzel, A. Ziegler: Information systems development as knowledge engineering - examples from the DAIDA project. In Proc. Summer School on Software Engineering in ESPRIT, Sophia-Antipolis, France, Sept. 4-8, 1989.
- A paper accompanying the presentation of the whole DAIDA project at the 1989 summer school on software engineering. Included was a demonstration of the DAIDA prototype (integrated by the software process control mechanism built into ConceptBase).
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: Knowledge bases for software process control. In Proc. 1989 ACM SIGMOD Workshop on Software CAD Databases (SCAD'89), Napa, Calif., Feb. 27-28, 1989, pp. 62-66.
- A quite short paper summarizing our results on software process control for data-intensive applications.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld: Rule representation and management in ConceptBase. In SIGMOD Record, 18, 3, September 1989, pp. 46-51 (pdf).
- An overview on the integration of deductive rules, integrity constraints, and queries within the ConceptBase system. Basically, such formulas are stored as string-valued attributes of classes. Insertion (deletion) of a formula triggers formula (re-)compilation. Similarily, insertion (deletion) of objects affecting the truth of a formula trigger formula evaluation. Some proposals on representing long-term proofs in ConceptBase are also made.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: ConceptBase - a prototype knowledge manager for software processes. In Proc. Knowledge-Based Software Assistant Conf., Utica, NY, 1988, pp. 85-98.
- This paper describes the goals and the functionality of the first ConceptBase prototype. Especially, a method of design decision control and documentation is proposed.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: Modelling software processes in a knowledge base - the case of information systems. In Knowledge-Based Systems, 1, 4, Sept. 1988, pp. 197-210.
- This is an early paper on a software process description language relating so-called design objects with decisions and tools. The language (or "model") is implemented with a few Telos classes. The paper presents the architecture of DAIDA, too.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: A global KBMS for database software evolution - documentation of first ConceptBase prototype. Technical Report MIP-8819, University of Passau, Germany, 1988.
- At that time, ConceptBase provided the functionality of storing and retrieving object frames. Some primitive query language was also provided.
 M. Jarke, M.A. Jeusfeld, T. Rose: A global KBMS for database software evolution - design and development strategy. Technical Report MIP-8722, University of Passau, Germany, 1987.
- The first report specifying ConceptBase's role in the DAIDA project. Basic properties of Telos - the data model of ConceptBase - are elaborated.
 H. Klocke, T. Schecke, M.A. Jeusfeld, G. Rau, U. Hartzky, G. Kalff: Wissensbasierte Entscheidungsunterstützung in der Anästhesie mit dem AES. In Proc. Fachtagung Expertensysteme - Konzepte und Werkzeuge, Erlangen, Germany, April 7-8, 1987 (DOI 10.1007/978-3-322-94662-1_23).
- This paper reviews the decision support by the AES tool developed in my diploma thesis. The tool used to monitor patient parameters during heart surgery. A version of the diploma thesis without figures and appendices is available as Diplom-Arbeit 1986. The anaesthesia information system (AIS) that interacts with AES is described in doi 10.1007/BF02851173.